Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define Supermod permissions

Hey guys,

I have a small problem, I admin a community network where we employ volunteers to help out with certain tasks across the network.. All of these volunteers are supermoderators, as we trust them and have very stringent restrictions on who can join etc.

Anyhow, to my problem, the new supermod permission business, back in 3.5 there was a hack which let you define the permissions of supermoderators on a per-group basis, which was awesome; however that is no longer supported as the new supermod thing has superseeded that. - this isnt a huge problem apart from the fact i cant seem to set the default for supermod perms

So, the question:

Is there somewhere where i can define the default level of supermods, i just need to remove the options for Hard deletion and a few other perms, but cant seem to find it anywhere..

Unfortunately you will need to do this per Super Mod here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the reply..

No way i can set the default though? I dont mind editting my current supermods (although i have roughly 40 of them) changing em for each new one will surely be missed. (Others 'promote' people as well)

Comment

No unfortunately I do not know of any way to set the default other than by modifying the code.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X