Trying to tidy up my forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to tidy up my forums...

I am trying to combine a couple of my forums...

For example:
    I want to combine ForumA with ForumB

I went to AdminCP>Threads and Posts>Move

In the "Destination Forum" I select ForumB
    Under the "Other options", "Forum", I select ForumA...

Now, it says that I will need to do a rebuild and provides a link.

I click on rebuild on all of the selections, but when I view my site, the forum and threads inside it are still there. I go back to the "Move" area and repeat the above steps, but it says that there are no threads to move.

I can still see the threads on my site. What am I doing wrong? What are the exact things that I need to rebuild?

Did you rebuild the thread and forums counters, in that order?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I just re-did it in that exact order. But when I go back to view the site, there are still the same threads in the forum I am trying to move everything out of.

Comment

I don't see how if this was done right. Can you please try explaining exactly what you did again?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok...

I have two forums... A and B

I want to combine A and B.

I went to the A forum and selected "mass-move", which took me to the AdminCP>Threads and Posts>Move screen.

In the "Destination Forum" area, I selected "Forum A"
          I scrolled to the bottom and in under the "Other options" area, I selected "Forum B" for the forum area I want A to go into.

I select "Move threads" and it takes me to the update counter page.

I do the following, in order, "Rebuild Thread Info" and "Rebuild Forum Info" like you said.

I go back to my site and Forum A still exists with all of the original threads still in it.

I go back to do the whole thing from scratch and it says that there is no threads to select.

Comment

I have found that when I select "no" for "Include child forums" it does the trick... I guess having is selected as "yes" (in which it was my error, I wasn't paying attn) is will only look for parent forums?

Anyhow, thanks for your help.

Comment

I just tried this on my unhacked test forum and it worked fine. Did it show any threads to be merged when you did this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X