Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very very long sql query, is this normal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • very very long sql query, is this normal?

    # Time: 070317 7:21:38
    # Query_time: 11 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 40440 Rows_examined: 81497
    SELECT
    thread.threadid
    FROM thread AS thread
    INNER JOIN post AS post ON(thread.threadid = post.threadid )
    WHERE post.postid IN(63,103,282,597,653,886,893,...(5432-numbers-here)...,1252743,1252795,1252801,1252832) AND post.visible = 1;

    i cannot paste the entery query:
    The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    1. The text that you have entered is too long (290685 characters). Please shorten it to 65536 characters long.

  • #2
    Are you running that in the Admin CP or trying to post that in a post on your board?

    Try checking out:
    Admin CP --> vBulletin Options --> Message Posting and Editing Options --> Maximum Characters Per Post

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cary View Post
      Are you running that in the Admin CP or trying to post that in a post on your board?

      Try checking out:
      Admin CP --> vBulletin Options --> Message Posting and Editing Options --> Maximum Characters Per Post

      no, trying to post it here... the query is too long...

      Comment


      • #4
        You're trying to post it on THIS forum? If so, why? Are you having a certain problem on your board?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cary View Post
          You're trying to post it on THIS forum? If so, why? Are you having a certain problem on your board?

          im just asking if that query is normal, is a query string of 209k.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have no idea if that is a standard vB query or not. Have you installed any add-ons? Which script is running when that query runs?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              I have no idea if that is a standard vB query or not. Have you installed any add-ons? Which script is running when that query runs?

              search.php line 1400 something...

              Comment


              • #8
                Just a little input...

                I tried posting something on THIS forum (vbulletin.com/forum) and it was about 300,000 characters... and it froze my browser, then took a good 15 seconds or so to tell me that my post was too long.

                This could be used to slow down forums, somehow, I'm sure.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kerplunk View Post
                  Just a little input...

                  I tried posting something on THIS forum (vbulletin.com/forum) and it was about 300,000 characters... and it froze my browser, then took a good 15 seconds or so to tell me that my post was too long.

                  This could be used to slow down forums, somehow, I'm sure.

                  it took 15 seconds coz u have a poor connection... anyway, posting a >65535 chars msg is not the meening of this thread...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Search queries are among the most server intensive. You never did answer the question about add-ons.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                    Steve Machol Photography


                    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      Search queries are among the most server intensive. You never did answer the question about add-ons.

                      no, i have not add-ons...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Okay. Then based on what limited info you have provided I really don't know anything about that query other than to reiterate that search queries can be very intensive, and the larger your forums the more so.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X