Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Index Link

I previously asked this quetion:

At the bottom of each forum, there is a link for previous/next threads. I've seen on some forums a link right above those that takes you back to the main forum page you're in. How do I get that link to show up at the bottom?

The answer was to simply edit the template.

Could anyone be more specific for a very brand new forum owner?

Anyone??

Comment

Can you provide the URL to a forum doing this?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes...here's an individual thread that shows the link back to the current forum at the bottom.

http://www.scraplove.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32010

I'm sure this is an easy step but I'm just not familiar enough with the templates to make it happen.

Comment

You would edit the SHOWTHREAD template right above this:

HTML Code:
           <strong>&laquo;</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextoldest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[prev_thread]</a>
            |
            <a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextnewest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[next_thread]</a>
           <strong>&raquo;</strong>
          </div>
          But unfortunately I have not been able to figure out the exact code to use. Hopefully someone else can help with that.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

bumping back to top in hopes that someone might know the code I need...

Comment

$foruminfo[title] $foruminfo[forumid]

<a href="forumdisplay.php?f=$foruminfo[forumid]">Return to $foruminfo[title]</a>

Comment

Beautiful...thank you!!

Comment

Okay...I did that. Now it looks like:

Return to Forum « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

How do I seperate the two so it looks like this?

Return to Forum

Comment

<a href="forumdisplay.php?f=$foruminfo[forumid]">Return to $foruminfo[title]</a><br />

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X