Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katakombe.com
    replied
    OK Marco, thank you very much on your advice.

Best Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    I hope you are not trying to use the instructions in post #6, as that would mess up your database for sure.

You should not try to change the value of any generated Id in the database, also there is not need to so as htese columns are only used internally.

The only option to reset the numbering would be to start all over again, as Floris explained.

Leave a comment:

• katakombe.com
    replied
    Hello!

Can you please confirm that everything is all right as on the pictures attached?

Thanks, ..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Originally posted by slyreptile View Post
    WARNING: Database Hack below. Not for the fainthearted. Do not do this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin, you can accomplish what you are trying to do. Simply open the structure of the forums table and remove the forumid field. You then need to recreate the field using the same properties as what the previous one had (small integer 5, unsigned, not null, auto increment, primary key). By recreating it, any existing forums are renumbered beginning with forumid number 1.
    Please do not give advise that would mess up the database completly.

Warning: Do not follow this advice unless you are 100% sure what you are doing.

Leave a comment:

• slyreptile
    replied
    WARNING: Database Hack below. Not for the fainthearted. Do not do this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin, you can accomplish what you are trying to do. Simply open the structure of the forums table and remove the forumid field. You then need to recreate the field using the same properties as what the previous one had (small integer 5, unsigned, not null, auto increment, primary key). By recreating it, any existing forums are renumbered beginning with forumid number 1.

Leave a comment:

• katakombe.com
    replied
    OK Floris, I understand - thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If you wish to re-install and don't mind losing the registered members, their thread and posts and the forum structure.. you can export the style you made, make backup of the images/ directory and other customizations.

Then re-install fresh into a new database, and restore the images and customizations and import the backed up style again.

Then you can set up your forums, and users can register again.

Leave a comment:

• katakombe.com
    replied
    Thanks Floris!

Does that mean that I must (re)update all my other things such are header and footer files, etc.? I'd like to keep my board as it is - the database is not important to me right now.

Once again, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You can achieve this by re-installing vBulletin from scratch into a new database. But this will mean no existing members, etc.

id numbers are not important, and it doesn't matter from which number they start. I'd leave it as it is, prune the content if that's what you wanted initially, and continue from there.

Leave a comment:

• katakombe.com
    started a topic Database reset

Database reset

Hello!

I'd like to reset the database and start from forumdisplay.php?f=1 instead of forumdisplay.php?f=123456...

How and where?

Many thanks in advance ..
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X