Could use advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use advice

Our vBulletin site is getting database errors and slow access at various times. We often have between 450-850 members online simultaneously, have a database that holds over 1 million posts, and have a dedicated server with the following specs:

Dual Xeon processors (2.8)
    2 gigs of RAM
    RAID1 configuration with 2-250 gig SATA drives
    Linux

Other than a main page, all that is run on the server is the vBulletin website. I am the site owner, but not the tech person, so could use help in what data I should post that might help people help me. The basic question is where to go to improve performance. For instance, I have limited vBulletin searches to 100 hits in an effort to conserve server resources. Is this server simply being overwhelmed? Would more RAM help out, and if so, how much RAM can vBulletin utilize? Is it an issue of needing to tweak the actual software? I'm sorry to be so vague, but I'm somewhat of a computer dummy!

Please see this thread for help with optimizing your server:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X