Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermoderators can't ban despite permissions

Hi there -

I have a 3.6.5 where the supermoderators can't ban members.

I've checked the permissions for individual supermoderators via
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators >

but although the box is checked for banning members, if they go through to a member's profile there is no save button at the bottom of the screen.

I've set up a test supermoderator account to see this for myself, but this is the only forum I know of with this issue.

Could you please advise?

- Brian

You go into their profile, click User Options --> Users --> Ban User

The button should say "Ban User"
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thanks for the reply - on my other forums it's simply the case of click on the member profile, User Options, then selecting the "banned" membergroup and saving.

But there's no save option on the user profile.

I'm looking to simply ban members by moving them to the banned usergroup, but for some strange reason only my Admin account will do this, when I ideally want the supermoderators to be able to do this directly.

Or have I misunderstood something?

Comment

In adminCP, Usergroups, Usergroup Manager, Supermoderators group. Under Administrator Permissions --> Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator)
        Is it set to Yes?
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Yes - set to yes.

Comment

Ok, theres a difference here. Administrators can just move people to their own usergroups etc.

The smod needs to login to the mod cp, do a search for the user, when he finds them there will be a set of options for the mod. View Profile, Ban User , Edit Avatar, Edit Signature etc.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification - I'm so used to doing bannings as an admin it threw me that the supermoderator system was different.

I'll see if the supermoderators have any problems access the ban user function.

Presuming they will, so thanks for the help.

Comment

Is the usergroup dropdown on the ban page meant to be empty?

Here's a screenshot:
                http://www.techwatch.co.uk/attachmen...-zenahs-tw.jpg

Comment

Guests can't view attachments on your forum.

Comment

It's not a guest nor attachments issue - the supermoderators are not able to ban members, even though their permissions are set to allow them to do so.

Comment

Floris' point is that we cannot view the attachment you linked to.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Exactly, sorry if I wasn't more specific. I should have [quoted] the post with the attachment

Comment

Sorry about the misunderstanding - thought the reply from Floris was a bit strange.

I've uploaded the screenshot direct to vb here:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by I, Brian View Post
                            Sorry about the misunderstanding - thought the reply from Floris was a bit strange.

I've uploaded the screenshot direct to vb here:
                            That looks like normal operation to me, from a Super Moderators Ban.

If an Admin was to use User Options in a users profile, it would take the admin to the AdminCP to change the users usergroup status to the banned usergroup..

In that Screenshot, the Super Moderator would just add the username of the user, set them to the banned usergroup, set a timeframe for when the ban should be lifted, if lifted at all, which would be set to never..
                            Then click Ban User..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

The trouble is there are no usergroups listed under usergroup.

A supermoderator can type in a username, but cannot assign the banned usergroup, so clicking on ban brings up "Invalid Usergroup Specified".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X