Update usergroup by email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update usergroup by email address

Hello I will be using a vBulletin forum as a registration page to capture users. The users and their metrics (location, age and email) will be extracted and certain members will be granted access to the forum. I would like some advice on how to update approximately 5000-10000 users and move them into a different usergroup so they will have access to forum topics they didn’t previously.

I will have a list of email address to edit add, probably a text file or an xls.

Here is a basic query that will change the usergroupid number of a user with a specific email:

Code:
    UPDATE user
    SET usergroupid = [color=red]X[/color]
    WHERE email = '[color=red][email protected][/color]'
    Where X is the destination usergroupid.

Comment

How can I do this if I have 5000-10000. Sorry my SQL isn’t that strong, is there away to reference a text file with the email address in it?

Comment

You could create a small PHP script to read from the text file and run this query for each email address. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X