Email Confirmation and AOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Confirmation and AOL

I have email confirmation on and all users who use AOL never receive it, forcing them to contact me to automatically upgrade their account.

Is there anything that can be done about this ?

The emails are most likely being blocked by AOL's spam filters. I think you can contact them and ask them to whitelist email coming from you...
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      The emails are most likely being blocked by AOL's spam filters. I think you can contact them and ask them to whitelist email coming from you...
      Mmmm anyone any idea how this is done ? What email to contact etc ?

Comment

Sorry, I don;t know.

However AOL will not accept emails from domains that do not have reverse DNS setup. It's possible these emails are being placed into a spam folder or are being filtered.

The first thing you need to do is ask your host to setup reverse DNS for your domain.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks steve, i'll look into that

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X