No announcement yet.

Upgrade didn't seem to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to throw in my 2 cents, my admincp was likewise showing version 3.6.4 after the upgrade. Since it was such a simple upgrade of copying over a handful of files, I really didn't think the problem was in FTPing them since I did that twice with the same results.

We run APC cache on our system and so I also suspected the cache. Letting things sit overnight I found the upgrade shows now completed so it must have been a problem with the older PHP files being cached.

So for others reading this and having the same problem, you might also consider your cache as well.

Cheers! -- Rik

Comment

Your version number will only change if you do a full upgrade.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
        Your version number will only change if you do a full upgrade.
        Very interesting since we only uploaded the handful of changed files and our admincp definitely shows 3.6.5. Guess we did something wrong?

Cheers! -- Rik

Comment

Originally posted by Rik Brown View Post
          Very interesting since we only uploaded the handful of changed files and our admincp definitely shows 3.6.5. Guess we did something wrong?

Cheers! -- Rik
          That's not possible since the version number is set in the database by the upgrade script. There is no way the version would be updated merely by uploading any files.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i also am having this same exact problem from 3.5.4 to 3.6.5.

i am using Ipswitch WS-pro FTP.
            tehdriven.com

Comment

Make sure you have downloaded the 3.6.5 package with XML files, have uploaded all files overwriting the files on the server. Next run upgrade.php.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
                Make sure you have downloaded the 3.6.5 package with XML files, have uploaded all files overwriting the files on the server. Next run upgrade.php.
                ours turned out to be an error in file upload/placement.

thanks!
                tehdriven.com

Comment

Working...
                X