Upgrade didn't seem to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade didn't seem to happen

I followed the support instructions and replaced all the files via FTP. I went through a 5 step process and everything is back to normal yet it doesn't show any upgrade in effect. It still states that I am running 3.6.4 not 3.6.5
    Last edited by GHST; Sun 4 Mar '07, 4:44pm.

Try reuploading the files, there should have been more than 5 steps, as there are at least 5 steps to run finalupgrade.php.

Comment

Zach,

Is this the correct path to run?

http://www.example.com/forums/install/upgrade.php

Comment

That'd be correct, your ftp software may not correctly update the files. Doublecheck the dates on the files.

Comment

Your vBulletin (3.6.4) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.6.5).

This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.

If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.
          That's the message I keep getting. All the files are uploaded using Smart FTP on auto setting. I renamed upload to forums and have reuploaded it several times. Should I be renaming other files or modifying the files? What am I doing wrong?

Comment

You get that when running upgrade.php? If so, this means you have not uploaded the files correctly.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've followed the instructions as found here.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

should I be modifying the config.php file for this upgrade?
              Last edited by GHST; Sun 4 Mar '07, 9:17pm.

Comment

Did you download the full package or did you download vBulletin without Images/XML?
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

The full package.

Comment

My guess is that you have not uploaded all the 3.6.5 files. If you had then I don't see any way to get that error message.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Let me explain the case once more:
                      • I downloaded the lastest version of vBulletin from the members area (entire package)
                      • Extracted all files to a folder on my HD
                      • renamed the "upload" folder to "forums" (which is the correct path for my forums)
                      • Used Smart FTP in auto mode to upload the entire "forums" directory to my server, making sure to overwrite every file.
                      • Followed the instructions that told me the path as listed above. (this gave me the 5 step process that said my files were still outdated)

Am I supposed to be modifying any other files to make this work? Should I leave out the install.php?

Another member on this board is getting the same issue as I am.

Comment

Trust me ftp clients can lie, check the timestamp on the files via your ftp browser and ENSURE that they read that they were uploaded when you uploaded them

Comment

Time stamp is correct.

Any other suggestions? Like I said, another person is going through the same problem so this isn't me just being dumb..or is it?!?
                          Last edited by GHST; Mon 5 Mar '07, 5:33pm.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I ran the setup again, the 5 step process took place again but for some reason I'm showing the correct up to date version!

Weird.

Mods can lock thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X