Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funkmiester
    replied
    OK, thanks Zachery for the follow-up, much appreciated - it's now working the way I had it before

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I did mention something about a stock style didn't I?

Change it to hidden instead of text, and remove the div about the reason and it should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    replied
    OK, it was my 'postbit_quickedit' template. I reverted to default and it's resolved.

I'm still stumped as to why it was a problem, as it worked just fine with 3.6.4.

I had originally changed the reference to "reason for edting"....from....

Code:
    <div>$vbphrase[reason_for_editing]:</div>
       <div><input type="text" class="bginput" name="reason" id="{$editorid}_edit_reason" value="" size="50" maxlength="125" tabindex="1" title="$vbphrase[optional]" /></div>
      </div>
    ....to.....

Code:
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    </div>
    If anyone has this working with Safari with the "reason for editing" text and input box removed, please post here, as I would much prefer to have it gone.

Thanks, hope this helps someone else!

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    If you've got no plugins, a stock style and files, then it has to be an isue with your host on some level.
    Any clues? As it was fine with 3.6.4. - don't know what to enquire of them?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If you've got no plugins, a stock style and files, then it has to be an isue with your host on some level.

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    replied
    Any suggestions for the issue above?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Are you having the same problem here?
    Nope! Of course, it's working here Zachery! Which files should I reupload (if any)? As I say, it's working for me on different browsers (both Mac & PC), just Safari where I see the problem, so I assume it's a specific file or files that would be causing the conflict?

Still odd though. Everything was fine with 3.6.4 and I made no other changes - just the upgrade to 3.6.5.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention earlier - I disabled all my plugins for testing purposes, and the problem still exists.
    Last edited by funkmiester; Sat 3 Mar '07, 10:42pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you having the same problem here?

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    replied
    Well, I've cleared my cache, thinking it might be holding some old files, but still no response when clicking "Go Advanced" within 'Edit' mode.

I'm only have trouble with Safari - all other major browsers/platforms work for me.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bmc
    replied
    It works just fine for me, and I use Mac OS X 10.4.8 with Safari 2.0.4, and am running vBulletin 3.6.5.

Leave a comment:

• funkmiester
    started a topic Safari & 3.6.5 - no response in Edit!

Safari & 3.6.5 - no response in Edit!

I just upgraded to 3.6.5 and have come across an issue with Safari and the "Go Advanced" option when I go to "Edit".

When the "Go Advanced" button is clicked, there is no response - no error is shown, just absolutely nothing happens at all! Only option is to cancel or save, as far as editing! All other buttons function ok (from what I've experienced so far).

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.8 and Safari 2.0.4. (419.3).

Is this a known issue or something else?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by funkmiester; Sat 3 Mar '07, 5:25pm.
Working...
X