X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyecom
    replied
    Originally posted by Grove View Post
    Seems as something similar that happened to me. I made quite a large upgrade of my board, hadn't updated for a long time - and I had quite the same problem (I think).

Have you made sure that your usergroups (Registered for example) have the setting:
    This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group set to YES.
    Somehow after my upgrade it was set to to no instead and it gave my users the ban message quite often.

Maybe you've checked this already ?

Best regards.

had the same issue, and this fixed it for me.
    THX

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    For help with this please start your own thread with all the relevant details.

Leave a comment:

• lafsunlmtd
    replied
    i am having th exact same issue, is there any help

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    Kind of... The Banned group we had been using since the 2.0 days was actually the unregistered group. So it was listed as a banned group (which was right, but wrong too).

So we created a new banned group and restored the old unregistered group and made it not a banned group and now everything is ok.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    In otherword's the solution was as Grove posted.

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    Tech Support helped me finally.

Here was the problem. Oddly enough it never caused issues until this upgrade...

"This is because you changed the "Unregistered" usergroup to Closed Accounts and made it a Banned Group. This is the default group that anyone visiting your forum and not logged in will be placed in. This is hardcoded and cannot be changed. Usergroup 1 will always have guest user permissions. If your users do not check the "Remember Me" box when they log in, then they will be logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity and "banned" from your site because of the permissions you created.

You would create a Custom usergroup to hold your closed accounts and have it has your banned group instead of the Not Logged In / Unregistered Usergroup which you renamed "Closed Accounts". You can then restore permissions to guests how you think they should be able to see your group. If you set "This is NOT a Banned Usergroup" to yes, They will get a login message, not a banned message."

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you really have not installed any hacks or plugins, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    I have done all the following:

* All usergroups which are not banned groups are set properly
    * All files re-uploaded and checked via the diagnostic tool
    * Plugin system is NOT being used
    * I tried disabling the system in the config.php (putting the bit of code right under <?php but I get this error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /XXX/forum/includes/config.php on line 26
    * Tried a new style and same error.

So Steve, if you want, I'll give you full access to my system and you can see what I did. If I legitimately did something wrong then fine, but I can't find it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You will not have this problem is you followed both Grove's instructions and mine.

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    Did that this morning with the diagnostic and i fixed all the issues.

I do not have ANY plugins.

And I had no problems with 3.0.7

Go to: http://www.racerhub.com/forum/memberlist.php

Being that you are unregistered, you'll get a banned message. I know that shouldn't be.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you followed Grove's instructions in post #7, then this has to be from an add-on you've installed or you have not uploaded all the 3.6.4 files.

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]
    Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by racerhub View Post
    Over a week and still no solution
    I don/t know much about this problem.
    And i know you said you upgraded from 3.0.7 to 3.6.4..

But did you have this issue at all with 3.0.7, just to rule that out..

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    Over a week and still no solution

Leave a comment:

• racerhub
    replied
    Already checked the usergroup permissions and they are ok.

I have checked forum permissions and they are fine.

Thanks for trying though

Leave a comment:

• Grove
    replied
    Originally posted by racerhub View Post
    This is getting bad, I have over 1,000 users and all of them are getting messages that they are banned. I'm getting very peeved. When is someone going to contact me and fix this. It's almost a week. Please have someone contact me. Thanks,

J.A. Ackley
    [email protected]
    Seems as something similar that happened to me. I made quite a large upgrade of my board, hadn't updated for a long time - and I had quite the same problem (I think).

Have you made sure that your usergroups (Registered for example) have the setting:
    This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group set to YES.
    Somehow after my upgrade it was set to to no instead and it gave my users the ban message quite often.

Maybe you've checked this already ?

Best regards.

Leave a comment: