Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove permanent delete rights from super mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove permanent delete rights from super mod?

Can I remove the permanent delete capability from a super moderator?

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Edit Permissions > Can Physically Delete Posts

Change this setting to NO and save it.

You will need to repeat this process for each moderator.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks I've been looking for this.
      UNP - Auto Forum India - Playway

Comment

Awesome, problem solved.

Comment

How about with a regular moderator?

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dcpaq2 View Post

Doug

I don't think regular mods have permanent delete rights to begin with do they?

Comment

No sure let me look, I just assumed they did.

Doug

Comment

Doug
                You use exactly the same process apart from the fact that their permissions are on a per forum basis.
                Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

So if i want to allow them to manage all the forums, they have to be given super mod status? Reg mod status is only for individual forums only? Thats sucks if thats right.

Doug

Comment

So if i want to allow them to manage all the forums, they have to be given super mod status? Reg mod status is only for individual forums only? Thats sucks if thats right.

Doug

I asked that question a few days ago and got confirmation that it's correct. I've got regular mods that should not be super mods and I've got 12 top level forums. To let one of the regular mods moderate all forums, I have to add each of them to the 12 top level forums and let it apply to the children, so I have to perform 12 steps per moderator to give them the rights. Ugh.

Comment

Sounds like a real big pain in the you know what....

If only they could code the moderators permissions to be like the super mod, but have it where you can fine tune the permissions a little more and take away certain things. Actually I think both moderators should be controlled like this.

Doug

Comment

I love this idea. one of my supermod just was crazy that he deleted permanently a thousand of his posts.

Thank,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X