Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting compalints this is happening. Any ideas wat is going on?

Thank You

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Database mark read system is better then the cookie based one, and only marks read if the user has actually read the thread.

Comment

Floris,

Thank you very much. Ihope this resolves the issues.

Comment

Help Floris!

Floris,

I made the changes and my server load or something is soo bad I can't get back into my admin panel to change it back. I need help soon please.

Comment

What happens when you try?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My images are not showing. (getting X's) and the acp panel to login box will not come up. It looks bad.

I logged into by ftp fine so I feel it's all forum database issue.

Comment

None of that would be caused by Floris' suggestion. What exactly did you do?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did exactly as she said changed it from cookie to database. Nothing else.

Comment

Hmmm...I really don't see how that could be. If so, then this is a server problem and you'll need to contact your host about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This really sounds like a server issue. Ask your host to look into this about what is causing the high load. The cookie or database mark read system shouldn't have this much effect on performance. To be honest, you would be the first to report it back as such. How much online users do you usually have?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X