Moderator vs Super Mod newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator vs Super Mod newbie question

Can someone let me know if my understanding of the following points is correct:

1) A 'super moderator' can moderate all forums and that super moderation status includes the ability to edit and delete other users posts automatically? The reason I ask is because nowhere within the usergroup manager or forum permissions can I find a place that explicitly says that the super moderator can do that.

2) The moderators usergroup doesn't actually grant one any moderation rights as far as I can tell; is that correct? My understanding is that being in the moderator's group just lets me set those users as ones who can optionally close their own threads as well as edit and delete their own threads.

3) I cannot assign the moderators group to a specific set of forums or categories, I have to assign the individual users?

What I've just set up is a new vbulletin install where I have about 80 forums broken up under 12 categories. One of those categories is a collection of sponsor-specific forums for sponsors to post info relating to their products. All of my sponsors are also going to be moderators of the rest of the forums for me but I do not want sponsors being able to do any editing or deletion in the sponsors area. As best as I can tell, I need to take all eight of my sponsor names and define each one of them as a moderator for the remaining 11 top-level categories where I do want their sponsorship to be inherited downward. If this is correct, I have to perform 88 seperate operations to make this happen rather than just being able to either give 'moderators' rights to the 11 categories, or even better, giving moderators rights to everything and then just taking away rights from the sponsors category. I want to make sure I understand there not being an easier way before I start that task.

Thanks in advance!

1) You can set moderator permissions at:

AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit Permissions

2) Correct

3) Correct
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X