HELP: Edit Thread Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Edit Thread Title

How come an Administrator can't edit a thread title. I think users are not allowed to edit them but Admin should be allowed to edit them.

Please tell me how to edit the thread title, do I need to do if from the ACP?

Thanks.

Double click in the cell that contains the title and it should become editable, alterantively go to 'Thread Tools' at the top of the thread and choose 'Edit Thread' and alter the title from there.
    Aye

Comment

If you are an Admin, you should be able to go to the"Thread Tools" dropdown button in the first Post and select "Edit Thread" among the choices.

Selecting "Edit Thread" will open another window which has the Title of the Thread showing in a box that Admin's may edit. In this same box you may also change whether the thread is "Open," "Sticky, or "Visible." If you uncheck that last box the Thread is sent to the Moderation Que.

Check it out. There are alot of other options in the Thread Tools, if one is an Admin.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

I tried double clicking on it and it didn't do anything, but I found it on the thread tools. Before I clicked edit post and changed the title but it didn't change.

Comment

Do not double-click on the thread title.

Double-click on the surrounding box.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
            Do not double-click on the thread title.

Double-click on the surrounding box.
            Still doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by n3v3rl4nd View Post
              Still doesn't work.
              When you are viewing a thread(inside the thread), there will be four options at the top right of the first post, above the computer, the exclamation sign, and the post number.

Click on the one to the far left that says "Thread Tools", and scroll down in the list that pops out until you reach the option "Edit Thread" and click the little circle. When the circle turns green, that means you've selected it properly.

Now go down to the bottom of the list where you just clicked that, and click "Perform Action". You should be directed to a place where you can edit the thread title as well as other thread things. Change the title as you please, and click "Save Changes".

Voila! (Note: You may be confused with phpBB, and clicking the Edit button in the first post only edits that post, not the actual thread title. This way the first post and the thread aren't linked indefinitely)

Hope that helps...

Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by n3v3rl4nd View Post
                Still doesn't work.
                Then you have customized the navbar, footer, SHOWTHREAD, FORUMHOME, or other template in a previous version of vBulletin and have not updated those templates since you upgraded to vBulletin 3.6. There are lots of pieces of Javascript which must be there for inline moderation like "double click to rename thread" to work.

Comment

Any idea why a dropdown menu (Search/Quicklinks) would work on the Forum Homepage and Mainpage but not work when inside of a thread.

Also, clicking on a member name will not give me a dropdown menu like I had before my update to 3.6.4 (from 3.0.7).

I have reverted all templates. No help.

Thoughts?

EDIT - Looking further into it, it seems that threads that have been started from yesterday or today the menus work fine (both the search this thread/rate this thread/member name ones), but anything from before last night it doesn't work.

How would that happen?
                  Last edited by SuperGLS; Tue 27th Feb '07, 2:55pm.

Comment

No ideas huh?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X