Enable Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable Signature

I didn't have a signature enabled...then I added / enabled the signature.

Now the signature is showing up on all new posts I created but not showing up all posts that were posted singnature was added / enabled.

How do I "refresh" so that singature shows up on all posts.

Thank you.
    Last edited by anjaan79; Sat 17 Feb '07, 10:40pm.

Edit each one of the previous posts and check show your signature.

Comment

You kidding right? That would take few days.

There isn't anything I can use in Admin CP to refresh all posts?

Thanks!

Comment

It would be handy if this option was checked by default (even if the user has no signature at the time of posting).
        EverythingKMC - A forum for the Kaiserslautern Military Community :cool:
        GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

You can run this query:

UPDATE post SET showsignature=1 WHERE userid='x'

...with 'x' being your userid number.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            You can run this query:

UPDATE post SET showsignature=1 WHERE userid='x'

...with 'x' being your userid number.

Is it possible to update the signature on all existing posts as soon as signature is added or modified for ALL users? I think DP has this feature enabled.

Comment

No, there is no such option in vB to do this automatically. Sorry.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Do you know how digitalpoint.com has this feature enabled? Do I need to go to vBulletin.org?

Comment

digitalpoint.com has no such feature.
                  Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                  Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

Yes you are right...it doesn't.

Comment

I asked for this feature about 1 year ago. Hopefully some day in the Signature editor there will be a checkbox "Apply this signature to all old posts".

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                        I asked for this feature about 1 year ago. Hopefully some day in the Signature editor there will be a checkbox "Apply this signature to all old posts".

Yes that would be nice. Avatar changes on old posts so why not signatures.

Comment

Avatars are not attached to a post unlike the option box to post a signature is.

Run the script he noted with the userid placed where it belongs.

Problem solved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X