Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me with this simple plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with this simple plugin?

I am making a very simple plugin, to display on the memberlist page, how many flight hours a member has.

I made a plugin with the following code:

Code:
    $pilotid = $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'];
    $gettotalflights = $vbulletin->db->query_first("SELECT COUNT( IDPIREP ) as count_flights FROM pirep WHERE IDPilot = $pilotid "); 
    $totalflights = number_format($gettotalflights['count_flights']);
    When I go to the memberslist page, all pilots show the same amount of flights flown, which equals MY amount of hours. I guess the code above is using MY userid, as I am the one viewing the page and it is calling for userinfo[] which is basically the userinfo of the person viewing the page.

How can I edit $pilotid = $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']; so that it shows each members results?

Thanks for any help,

ERuiz

Don't really recommend something like this to be done via plugin because it increase the query count dramatically (each member listed on the page gets 1 additional query).

But in all cases, the veriable you're looking for is probably: $userinfo[userid]
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

So, by just taking out the ' ' from the variable, changes what is being called?

Thanks on the tip regarding queries. But to be honest, I don't know how to accomplish this via a different approach. :-(

Comment

Nope; you used $vbulletin->userinfo[userid], I suggested $userinfo[userid].

$vbulletin->userinfo, if I'm not mistaken, is the same as $bbuserinfo, which contains information about the logged in user. Where as $userinfo contains the user it is working with on that memberlistbit.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

Oh ok, I will give it a try. :-)

Comment

I did what you said and I get this error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.4:

Invalid SQL:
            SELECT COUNT( IDPIREP ) as count_flights FROM pirep WHERE IDPilot =;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
            Error Number : 1064
            Date : Saturday, February 17th 2007 @ 06:49:14 PM
            Script : http://www.virtualaa.com/lounge/member.php?u=11
            Referrer : http://www.virtualaa.com/index.php?o...ember.php?u=11
            IP Address : 70.105.20.103
            Username : Efrain Ruiz
            Classname : vb_database
            Here is the current php code that gives this error:

Code:
            $pilotid = $userinfo['userid'];

$gettotalflights = $vbulletin->db->query_first("SELECT COUNT( IDPIREP ) as count_flights FROM pirep WHERE IDPilot = $pilotid "); 
            $totalflights = number_format($gettotalflights['count_flights']);

Comment

Hm... seems like the hook you're hooking it to doesn't have that variable defined yet. Which one are you hooking it to?
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

to member_start

Should I assign it to global_start?

Comment

I think you'd need to place it in memberlist_bit instead.
                  Best Regards,
                  Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X