Can't Login...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Login...

I just upgraded my forums from 3.07 to 3.6.4 and after I login into the Admin CP, accetps my login, and then sends me back to the login screen again (the top of that screen does say

Domain123.com - Forums (This is the old forum name)
    vBulletin 3.6.4 Admin Control Panel

Here's what I did, that might complicate things...

1. The orginal domain was domain123.com
    2. Transfered to new domain name domainnew.com
    3. Upgraded the forums (located on the domainnew.com)
    4. can see the forums just fine...
    5. Login via the admincp, but it looks like it might be taking me back to domain123.com
    6. Seems that every I click on the new site that it takes me back to the original domain... (ie. vbulletin options > site name)

How do I get into the domainnew.com admincp??? It accepts my user/password, but then redirects back to the login screen...

Any ideas on this????
    Last edited by interfx; Sat 17th Feb '07, 9:14am.

Try clearing your cookies and restarting your browser. It is possible that you have a bad cookie as a result of the server move along with the upgrade.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Please upload tools.php from the 'do_not_upload' folder of your vBulletin distribution to your admincp directory. Now point your browser to tools.php.

Reset the cookie Domain and Path to the default values.

Once your problem is fixed please remove tools.php again from the server.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

The tools.php thing worked like a champ... Turns out it was the orginal cookie setting still pointing to the old site...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X