No thread notification emails, but will notify on pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No thread notification emails, but will notify on pm

I'm having an issue on both of the boards I manage.

Registration emails are sent, test emails through the admincp are sent, notification for PMs are sent.

However, no thread notifications either instant or daily or weekly get sent on either board.

I've even tried uploading files fresh from the zip to no avail. Disabled all plugins and products via the vboptions, even removed all of them to no avail.

I thought the pm and instant thread notification emails used the same mail function in vbulletin. How is it possible that pm emails could be sent, but not thread emails?

Using 3.6.4

Resolved... had to continously fiddle with the settings til I found the magic combo.

That's quite annoying that the system will send pms, registration and forgotten password emails automatically.

But you have to fiddle with settings to get it to send thread notifications..

Is there a reason for this difference?

Comment

Any idea what you did to fix it?

I've been having the same problem (see my post here), but Steve sent me off searching for a server problem.

Comment

it ended up being a problem with the mailqueue system (set it to no) and the -f parameter (set it to yes).

Also I made sure the the smtp stuff was all set to no.

I think the issue I was having was with the mailqueue system.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

That wasn't it. In fact, my answer was buried in the link Steve gave me, specifically:
          If there is no error and you didn't get the emails then make sure you have a valid webmaster's email address in your Admin CP settings and that there is only one address. In addition make sure the domain on the email address matches the domain for your site. Otherwise some ISPs may treat this as spam.
          Long story short, once I realized everyone else's email was working fine, and only the admin's email was screwed, I looked again in my user cp and saw I was using my old site's .org suffix.

Erm. Actually, the above quote seems to be incorrect, as this error was caused by an incorrect address in my User CP. Which may explain why all the lost password emails were working fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X