Alphabetize a Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabetize a Forum?

I was wondering if there was a way to alphabetize just ONE forum? I have one that is a Company Contacts page, but I would like it to be alphabetized. Is that possible and how?

Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > set the Display Order of the child forums you want in alphabetical order so the order ascends. A is set to 1, B is 2 etc. I don't know if that is what you mean though. I apologise if that doesn't answer your question.

Comment

Actually, that was kinda close, but no.
      Here's what it is, in my forums list, you scroll down and there is Company Contacts, then inside that, there are the threads all listed for different companies, when you click on those, you get to posts displaying their info.

I want to know if I can take that one forum, Company Contacts, and then alphabetize the list of Companies (threads) for just that forum. Know what I mean?

Comment

How exactly do you mean? The instructions given by Wish will display the threads in that forum in alphabetical order (see the language packs forum here for an example).
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I guess I'm confused on the child forums part

Comment

This is the set up:

You click Forums from the portal
            you scroll down, you click Company Contacts
            There are about 6 pages of threads that are company contacts, all listed by company name.

I want to take all that, and make it aphabetical.

I tried the above, and that sets up sub forums that I would have to manually enter each company into a forum. From the way I understood it.

So, instead of having the most recent company threaded added being at the top, I want it to descend down from A to Z when displaying from clicking on Company Contacts.

Comment

Ok, now I've got you.

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Company Contacts > Edit Forum

Set Default Sort Field to Thread Title and Default Sort Order to Ascending

Save the forum.

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I'm running 3.5.4 and I'm guessing that I need to upgrade to 3.6.4 cause right where you are saying, there is no "Set Default Sort Field to Thread Title and Default Sort Order to Ascending" button anywhere.

I've been dreading the upgrade, ah, CRAP

Comment

Yes this is a feature in 3.6.x which by posting in the 3.6 forums gives the impression that you are running.

Twitter Blog

Comment