• Show
Clear All

• Excluding/Ommiting forums?

For example if I have a transportation forum like this:

Bus

Car

Bike

Plane

And I have a member who only drives a car and nothing else, is there a way to exclude the other forums (Bus, Bike, Plane) from being shown to him. Also, not having it show up whe he/she clicks the "new posts" button?

This can be done through usergroups and forum permissions. You would need a separate usergroup for Bus, Car, Bike, and Plane then use these as secondary usergroups to determine which forums your users get access to.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't worj out. This is an example of my set up:

Upon reaching X posts, a user will be promoted to a user group called "Fruit Lover" where they can access a special hidden forum called fruits the forum is like this:

Fruits
      -banana
      -apples
      -oranges

He/She eats all of the fruits listed above except for apples and wants to exclude the apple forum from being seen. SO I set up a new usergroup that doesn't have permission to see apples, and it's free for anyone to join. Now, when he/she joins that group they STILL see teh apples section, because they are still a part of the "Fruit Lovers' group.

Any work around?

Comment

Originally posted by prophecydude View Post
        SO I set up a new usergroup that doesn't have permission to see apples
        You're subtracting.

Try adding.

Registered group cannot see any fruits.

Add secondary groups for Apple, Banana, and Orange. Assign people to whatever group(s) they want to be able to see.

Comment

A somewhat related question.

Can I omit entire subforums from being displayed when the user clicks on NEW POSTS?

Thanks!

Comment

No. You'll need to do each forum you want to exclude.

search.php?do=getnew&exclude=12,14,17,19,22

Comment

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X