Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    This will require a modification to your site. You will need to ask at vBulletin.org for help with this.

Leave a comment:

• treasureman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    You can view users complete profiles before they are moderated as part of the registration process by clicking on the username displayed.
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of this, however when presented with a list of 15 or 25 new users it is time consuming to have to click on each one. Is there a way to show the "real name" profile in the admin cp along with the user name?

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    You can view users complete profiles before they are moderated as part of the registration process by clicking on the username displayed.

Leave a comment:

• treasureman
    started a topic Change user name from real name?

Change user name from real name?

I have required real names for user names on my forums since 2003. Now after having over 30,000 users with real names for user names I am rethinking my decision. I am tired of people complaining about their name showing up in Google.

I still want to know my user's real names and I want other users to be able to know them by viewing the profile, but would not want their real name to show in the Postbit.

I know that for new registrations I can create a new required field called "real name" and I can make it be displayed in the profile and not be displayed in the postbit. That is no problem.

What I am concerned about is the 30,000 existing users. How to deal with it?

I am thinking:
    1. Create a field called "real name".
    2. Make it display in the user profile but not the postbit.
    3. Make it a required field for new registrations but not existing users.
    4. Tell existing users that if they want to pick and display their user name instead of their existing real name to let me know what user name they want and I will change their user name and move their real name into the "real name" field as long as their user name is unique.

It would be optional, many will still want to use their real name as they did prior to 2003 before we started requiring real names. It is a forum for professionals.

Also, how would I make the new field "real names" appear in the admin control panel when approving registrations? I manually approve all registrations and would want to make sure their real name looked like a real name.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X