Do I need to upgrade to 3.6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to upgrade to 3.6 ?

I purchased vbulletin 3.5 last april. So far I do not see any issues. Please correct me if I am wrong, we are allowed to upgrade to newer version within a year of the purchase date. My question is so far I do not have any issues. Any reasons I should upgrade to 3.6 ? Any security enhancements or any new features that would justify my putting time on upgrade ?

thanks a lot.
    dslv

You should upgrade to either 3.5.7 or 3.6.4 to ensure that any security issues with older versions are resolved.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Upgraded and results look good. I like the new avatar adding section in UserCP. But it would be nice if vbulletin comes with some preloaded avatars for users to choose from like 10 to 50 avatars in avatar directory.

thanks.
      Praveen

Comment

No Avatars

I have just purchased a forum and a vBulletin licence but have no avatars

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet and have problems with cpanel.net messing with my cpanel licence however i can get into admincp on my forum and have had a request for avatars from a user.

I naively assumed there would be default avatars but as I see from this thread there aren't any.

Where should I get them from and do I need to upload them to my server when cpanel is working or can I upload direct to the cpadmin panel?

Paul

Comment

There are no default avatars. What most people do is enable custom avatars in the usergroup permissions and allow members to upload their own.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can download avatars, and set from vbulletin.org

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/searc...archid=6006119

Comment

Working...
            X