Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does SMTP mail option send mail via [email protected]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SMTP mail option send mail via [email protected]?

I wanted to turn off the setting that allows mail to be sent through [email protected] on my server but this is causing problems for vBulletin when it wants to send mail. I did this via Web Host Manager (WHM) because my server has been used to send out thousands of junk mail. and was highly recommended by my hosting company.

Under the EMAIL SENDING option in vBulletin I have changed the options to send mail via SMTP instead of php mail().

Unfortunately users subcribing to threads still causes mail to be sent via the [email protected] address instead of the [email protected] address I specified in the EMAIL SETTINGS PAGE along with the smtp info (server,port,user,password)

Is there somewhere else on the admin panel that can change this setting?
    Basically is all mail sent via [email protected] no matter what settings I change?
    Any help appreciated.

Firast try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes

If that doesn't work then this is a server issue and I wouldn't know how to fix that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X