Best way to disable avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to disable avatars

First I searched here for info and also perused my admin panel but didn't find exactly what I need.

A user tried to upload an avatar and went through all kinds of gyrations trying to do it. But avatars are not allowed on my forum!

I edited the FAQ question and put in there that avatars are not allowed. But it should not even allow him to go through any process of creating one. What is the best way for me to make it clear no avatars?

In Admin CP> Usergroup Manager> Registered Users, if all of the options for avatars, specifically;

Can Upload Custom Avatars

&

Can Upload Animated Avatar

Are set to no, then they shouldn't see any options to do so, and won't be able to. Do you have gallery avatars?
    Aye

Comment

Originally posted by Caiman View Post
      In Admin CP> Usergroup Manager> Registered Users, if all of the options for avatars, specifically;

Can Upload Custom Avatars
      &
      Can Upload Animated Avatar

Are set to no, then they shouldn't see any options to do so, and won't be able to. Do you have gallery avatars?
      Both of those were already set to No and I do not know anything of Gallery avatars and I don't see that anywhere.

Comment

You can completely disable avatars by going to

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Picture Options > Avatars Enabled

Set this to No and no avatars will be able to be used on your site.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I have a bit of a follow up - I'm changing a bunch of settings on my site and adding permissions to user groups. Up until today I allowed avatars for everyone, now I only want a specifc user group to be able to use them;

I disabled the avatar capability for registered users but those users that already had avatars before I updated the permissions still have them; Is there a quick way to not display those?

Thanks in advance.
          MORE | UnitedMania

Comment

I don't know of an easy way to remove those users' avatars from the customavatar table, but this should remove them from showing for the Registered group:

UPDATE user SET avatarid='' WHERE usergeroupid='2';

Backup your database first!
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X