3.5.4 to 3.6.4, help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5.4 to 3.6.4, help!!

OK, a while ago I downloaded 3.6.2 to update from 3.5.2 and when I went to my www.example.com/forums/install/upgrade.php link it would only allow me to update to 3.5.4. Now I getting back around to fixing this and have downloaded 3.6.4, but it will still only let me update to 3.5.4, which I already have. What am I missing here?????? Are there different urls for each update and how to I get to the newest one???

How do you mean "it will still only let me update to 3.5.4"?

Do you get an error message, or does the upgrade.php script not continue after 3.5.4?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
      How do you mean "it will still only let me update to 3.5.4"?

Do you get an error message, or does the upgrade.php script not continue after 3.5.4?
      It wont continue after 3.5.4. No error message, it goes through the update process, but its only 4 steps.

Comment

Then this means you did not upload all the 3.6.4 filkes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Re-upload all the files including the xml files and overwrite the files on your server .

Comment

I tried doing that, still didnt work. I am using SmartFTP and really dont like it at all. Is there a better way to upload files??

Comment

Yes, use Leech FTP - its free, VERY simple and very stable.. just google search it

Comment

I tried Leech and it kept telling me the files weren't allowed??? So I got the latest version of SmartFTP now. I think I know whats wrong. In the vbb upgrade manual it says this:
                Note:
                As you already have a vBulletin installation running on your web server, you should delete the install.php file in the install directory before you proceed to upload the files.
                Am I supposed to delete the install.php file off my server or from the install folder I just downloaded? This is confusing me and may be my problem.

Comment

As per my last question, you can probably figure out what I was doing wrong, LOL I was deleting the install.php file from the new download, not my server. GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!! All good now, got the upgrade installed!! Thanks to those that helped!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X