Show Reputation Power Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Reputation Power Options?

1- I've been tinkering heavily with my postbit (legacy) template and noticed the following:

<if condition="$show['reputation']"><div><if condition="$show['reppower']">$vbphrase[reppower]: <span id="reppower_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reppower]</span></if><span id="repdisplay_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reputationdisplay]</span></div></if>

Where does one have access to that boolean variable? Seems to me it would make sense to have it in usergroup options so you could control which usergroups can see Reputation Power?

Or if I only want 2 usergroups to actually see different people's reputation powers is the only way to do it by doing the following (were A & B are the usergroups in question):

<if condition="$show['reputation']"><div><if condition="($bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == A) or ($bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == B)">$vbphrase[reppower]: <span id="reppower_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reppower]</span></if><span id="repdisplay_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reputationdisplay]</span></div></if>

I'm sure it's just something simple or obvious I overlooked as I doubt <if condition="$show['reppower']"> would even be there if there wasn't an option somewhere?

2- Also .. what is the variable I'd use to show someone's actual Reputation point score (as opposed to the textual equivalent).

Thanks again for the help!
    Support the option to have forums in social groups:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252093

1. This option is set in

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Post Elements > Display Reputation Power

Check this box and save it.

2. Replace
    Code:
    $post[reputationdisplay]
    with
    Code:
    $vbphrase[reputation]: $post[reputation]
    to show the number of rep points instead of the colored bar.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

1- Thanks .. although that is somewhat only half of what I was looking for. Is there a way to make this only viewable to certain usergroups? Or is the only way to use conditionals in the postbit templates as I have done?

2- Thanks tons that did it!
      Support the option to have forums in social groups:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252093

Comment

You can use the following conditional to show the reputation power only to certain usergroups

Code:
        <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, x, y, z)">
        where x,y,z are the usergroups that you wish to be able to view the information.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X