Thanks all ;-)

In your forumhome_forumbit_level2_post template find
    Code:
        <td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
            <div>
    and replace with
    Code:
    <span style="float:$stylevar[right]"><a href="external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=$forum[forumid]">RSS</a></span>
            <div>
    and in forumhome_forumbit_level1_post find
    Code:
    <td class="alt1Active" colspan="2" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    and replace with
    Code:
    <td class="alt1Active" colspan="2" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">

<span style="float:$stylevar[right]"><a href="external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=$forum[forumid]">RSS</a></span>

You can replace the text RSS with an image if you desire.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks, this is very helpfull. Is the second forum mentioned by jarod1981 with the extra column to the right a 'supported' code change please, as it looks a lot tidier.

Bob

Comment

If you could tell me how to make the new rss column as seen in the first image it would solve the problem in my other thread (which would be much appreciated!)

James

Comment

Very thanks Kerry, it's work fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Isaac View Post
            Thanks, this is very helpfull. Is the second forum mentioned by jarod1981 with the extra column to the right a 'supported' code change please, as it looks a lot tidier.

Bob
            That would require a lot of template changes. I suggest asking at vBulletin.org for help with that.

Originally posted by aceofspades View Post
            If you could tell me how to make the new rss column as seen in the first image it would solve the problem in my other thread (which would be much appreciated!)

James
            This displays as in the first link given. I've used text and not an image, but including an image will be easy enough to do.

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Is there a way to exclude showing the RSS icon/text on some forums with something like &exclude=1,2,3 as there are some forums on my board that RSS feeds are not relevant.

Bob

Comment

You can put
                Code:
                <if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(x,y,z))">
                RSS Code here
                </if>
                replacing x,y,z with the forum id numbers where you do not want the RSS Link/button to appear.

Twitter Blog

Comment

Thanks. Where would this fit in with the code in your post #2?

Bob

Comment

Put the conditional around the code in post #2

Twitter Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
                      That would require a lot of template changes. I suggest asking at vBulletin.org for help with that.

This displays as in the first link given. I've used text and not an image, but including an image will be easy enough to do.
                      Ya i wanted the same, what does alot mean? a couple of hours or just a few minutes

Comment

A lot of edits to a lot of templates and not something that could be done quickly.

Twitter Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
                          You can put
                          Code:
                          <if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(x,y,z))">
                          RSS Code here
                          </if>
                          replacing x,y,z with the forum id numbers where you do not want the RSS Link/button to appear.
                          forumhome_forumbit_level2_post
                          <if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(41,51,88,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,111))">
                          <div>
                          </if>
                          forumhome_forumbit_level2_post
                          <if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(41,51,88,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,111))">

</if>
                          These broke the forums I wanted to exclude.

Bob

Comment

Sorry, The if is in the wrong place.

Change it to:

level2_post
                            Code:

<if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(41,51,88,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,111  ))">
                            </if>
                            <div>
                            level1_post
                            Code:

<if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(41,51,88,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,111  ))">
                             </if>

Twitter Blog

Comment

Thanks, all working now.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X