Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WISIWYG editor problems

Hi,

Ive set the editor to WISIWYG editor in the vB options under Message Posting Interface Options but still EVERYONE is getting the standard text editor with no controls and has to individually change the option from the Edit Options scren under User CP

I dont know where to go to fix this, please help! Im totally lost!

aku

You can run an automatic query to change this for all users.

To do this go to

AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar > Continue > Continue

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:
    // ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';
    ...with x being your userid number.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Great stuff!

I've been having this exact problem for awhile now and your explanation helped me out tremendously. Thanks!

Comment

I've had several users recently who couldn't work out how to include smilies, which confused me as they are there in a box ready to click on! It turned out that somewhere down the line the default for new users was the basic editor . . .

Fixed now. Thanks!

Comment

oh i forgot to say Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X