Download Promts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Promts

A few of my users get promted to download certain php files. What can be the cause of this? Apache and PHP are functioning well, so I doubt that is the problem. This usally happens in FireFox. I use Firefox 2.0 and IE7 and I never get the download promt.

Screen Shot:
    Exotic Cars

Actually in my experience this is usually due to badly uploaded files. I suggest reuploading your vB files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, I just tried that. I will keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Thanks for the reply.
      Exotic Cars

Comment

Some of my members still report this issue; can this be a browser issue, older firefox perhaps? I use FireFox 2.0 and IE7 and don't see the issue at all.
        Exotic Cars

Comment

Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Other possibilities are your server is crashing, the default behaviour of Apache is return to content which causes a download prompt in most servers.

The error log might give more information.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I've told everyone to upgrade to FireFox 2.0 and it all went away; odd. I use IE7 and FF 2.0 myself and have no problems.
              Exotic Cars

Comment

I'm having the same issue. gzip compression is on at server level and off in Vbulletin. I re-uploaded all vb files........still getting the d/l prompts.

Comment

Working...
                X