Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org

It also may be against the search copnaies TOS' and could result in your site being banned from them.

Leave a comment:

• smestas
    replied
    Steve,

Is it possible to have guest image view turned off but allow spiders to index them? I have a lot of images that I think when indexed can bring me some traffic but I have image view for visitors turned off.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then I don't know what you mean by 'see'. Google will access and index every link it can access eventually. You cannot force it to do this.

Leave a comment:

• richpal
    replied
    Hi Steve, and thanks for getting back to me on this.

My answer is 'Yes' visitors do have permission to view the attachments.

I just wondered because when you view an attachment or click on it the link shown just shows the attachment id although the file name does of course display near the mouse.

You have reassured me that Google can indeed see the image/s.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do guests have permissions to view attachments? If not, then Google wouldn't be able to see them either.

Leave a comment:

• richpal
    started a topic Google and images

Google and images

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question:

My question is, can Google and other search engine spiders actually 'see' the images placed in posts as attachments, because one of my forums in particular has a huge number of unique images, and I note that Google and Yahoo spend a fair bit of time looking at the posts, yet none of the images are displayed in Google Images.

For info I'm currently running 3.04, 3.5.4, and 3.6.4 on different forums and none seem to be having their images used which is a shame.

Any ideas???