Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"from" email addy for new registrations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "from" email addy for new registrations?

I'm sure this has been posted before, but where do I configure the "from" address for activation emails? I am not a great searcher and could not find this.

Right now, when a new user registers, they get a message with a subject "Action required to activate membership", but the "from" address is "[email protected]mywebserver.net"

How do I change this to get a more friendly activation "from" address?
    Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

The 'from' address is always the Webmaster's email address setting in the Admin CP. I think you are talking about something else.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      The 'from' address is always the Webmaster's email address setting in the Admin CP. I think you are talking about something else.
      Nope. The "from" address is the server's "[email protected]" for activation emails. I saw this on another board as well. The Webmaster's email is set correctly in the admincp but the activation email is not picking this up.

I can take a screenshot of my admincp Webmaster email setting and give you the addy to register, but it is just not working. I'm sure this is just a simple field or switch I am missing. Just don't know which one.

Comment

vBulletin uses the PHP mail function, so it could be related to your PHP configuration. On every site I've ever worked with, it used the address defined in vBulletin's AdminCP, but your PHP may be overriding that.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by jw791 View Post
          Nope. The "from" address is the server's "[email protected]" for activation emails. I saw this on another board as well. The Webmaster's email is set correctly in the admincp but the activation email is not picking this up.

I can take a screenshot of my admincp Webmaster email setting and give you the addy to register, but it is just not working. I'm sure this is just a simple field or switch I am missing. Just don't know which one.
          I think we are talking about to different 'From' addresses. Please post the pic of the full headers.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            I think we are talking about to different 'From' addresses. Please post the pic of the full headers.
            Thanks, I found the problem.

The weird email "from" address was only showing up on mailinator.com when I was using that service to test the "NoSpam!" plugin with a bunch of test registrations.

It works fine with a regular POP email account and picks up the webmaster email addy.

Thank you for your attention.

Comment