Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I prune all Unconfirmed Members periodically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I prune all Unconfirmed Members periodically?

Is there any way to do what the title of this thread says?

I mean how can I prune, let's say once every two months, all those members who have registered on my forum but never confirmed their registrations? I need something that does that automatically.

Thank you in advance for your time and care

Kindest Regards
    If you are italian send me a pm!

(Se sei italiano contattami in privato!)

There is no default function that I'm aware of which accomplishes this. You can, however, try to refer to this old 3.0 hack's php file to see about coding something that will work for the scheduled task system in vb.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

For something that will do this automatically you will need a modification. Try asking at vBulletin.org for help creating it or locating one that already exists.

You can do this manually using the prune user function
      AdminCP > Users > Prune / Move Users

Select Awaiting Email Confirmation in the drop down box, then set the date that you want to prune users up to (eg 2 weeks ago).

Click find, then you will be presented with a list of users how meet the criteria.

Check the tick box in the table header is ticked then scroll down and uncheck any users that you do not wish to prune (if appropriate).

Finally at the the bottom of the list check the option Delete and click go.

All the users checked will be pruned.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Take a look at this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124530. I use it on my site, and really like it.
        Cliff
        PathLabTalk
        Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Thank you guys.

Kerry-Anne I was aware of that option but I was looking for something that accomplishes this without the need to go to my AdminCP and do it manually If I am not mistaken the procedure you described needs some manual work, doesn't it?

Regards!
          If you are italian send me a pm!

(Se sei italiano contattami in privato!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X