Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton
    replied
    the click is required so that the system knows which message you are replying to ... it's only required if you enable the DISPLAY MODES options (Linear / Hybrid / Threaded) ... top right corner next to the RATE THREAD option

if you don't offer the options you do not need to "require click"

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin
    replied
    But then it's not a Quicky Reply! It takes another step.

Oh well, I see now that the Quicky Reply button is up INSIDE the previous post, at the bottom, on the far bottom right. THAT icon.

Anyway, I don't understand why it is the way it is but it doesn't matter, as I just fixed it by doing what you said. Now, repliers can just start typing the Quick Reply box. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    You can use the quick reply box (I'm actually using it right now), but you need to click the icon first to enable it to be active before proceeding to type in it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin
    replied
    Okay, thanks! I'm glad to know I can do that. But... could you please tell me what is the purpose of having it the way it is? They obviously feel it's cool as is because it's that way on THIS forum. Why have a box that has zero purpose? (You can't do anything in the box!)

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    To click for quick reply, you need to click the buttton in the post, which then activates the quick reply box.

You can disable the need to click the button by going to

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply

and selecting Yes, Click Not Required

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    To click for quick reply, you need to click the buttton in the post, which then activates the quick reply box.

You can disable the need to click the button by going to

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply

and selecting Yes, Click Not Required

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin
    started a topic Please explain Quick Reply box below our posts

Please explain Quick Reply box below our posts

I don't understand something. On my forum, as well as this one, below a post, there is a Quick Reply box. In that box, it says this:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Uh... you can't type anything in there. So, why is it there? This baffles me. It seems like it's something that is needlessly cluttering up the page. If you have to click on a Reply button, why not just leave the box off the page? What am I missing here?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X