• Show
Clear All

• CrazyChad
    replied
    Last edited by CrazyChad; Sat 27 Jan '07, 2:10pm. Reason: aborted

Leave a comment:

• Ferrarislave
    replied
    I changed it to 120 and the errors went away. 1800 is too much for my setup I think. The connection is held open for too long causing mysql to open more connections and fill up the thread cache. I don't use persistant, so the shorter timeout helps a lot. Espacially with thread cache!

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. 30 was way too low, so was 60, 120 seems to be optimal.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    We have wait_timeout set to 1800 here. I think 30 is still way too small.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I don't think MySQL needs a different connection for each query/task. But what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Ferrarislave
    replied
    I've raised it to 30. From what I read it's better to have it a bit lower when not using persistant connections because it helps the connection close out quicker and let other users join. Is this true?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    The default is somewhat ridiculous, but 15 is too small. We use 300 without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That wait_timeout is way too low when you consider the default is 28800. The will definitely need to be raised.

Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...265#post310265

Also from the MySQL site:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

Leave a comment:

• Ferrarislave
    started a topic Mysql Error

Mysql Error

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone awayI keep getting that error every so often via email from VB. I have persistant connections turned off. Thread_cache set at 50 and the wait_timeout set to 15.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X