Admin CP 'Forum Home Page' link wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin CP 'Forum Home Page' link wrong

how do i change that? currently it links to a /forum directory but my forums are actually in the /forums directory (with an 's')

so when i got to click on 'Forum Home Page' in the admin CP or even Mod CP, there's an error ofcourse because it's linking to the wrong forum location.
    Unscripted 360 - Xbox 360 Community Podcast

Check to see if you have the correct setting set for:
    Admin CP > vBulletin Option > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Forum URL

I think you might've made a typo
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

that's the first thing i checked but i'll check again

Comment

nope that wasn't it. i entered the correct URL in the options but the Forum Home Page link is still wrong.

Comment

Did you move your admincp out of the forum directory?
          I just checked the code for that section and it links to:
          Code:
          ../<?php echo $vbulletin->options['forumhome']; ?>.php<?php echo $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl_q']; ?>
          ../index.php?sessioninfo
          Where green is defined by a variable set in the section I mentioned above, and session info is based on whether or not you have cookies etc. set.

If you've moved it to forum/ but your forum is actually at forums/ then it won't work. You can edit the link by editing a script though.

Open up admincp/index.php, scroll down to about line 165, you'll see:
          Code:
          			<a href="../<?php echo $vbulletin->options['forumhome']; ?>.php<?php echo $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl_q']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $vbphrase['forum_home_page']; ?></a>
          Replace the parameter of href to whatever location it is that you see fit should do the trick for you.
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

i haven't moved anything but i'll try to edit the index to see if that works. but nope...i installed everything under /forums

i'm not sure where it got the /forum from...

Comment

That is the correct place to set this so if that setting is right then you either have a redirect somewhere on the server causing this or you have installed an add-on that is causing this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

worked. thx for the help Andy.

@steve, yeah i'm sure somehow i screwed things up lol but i just did the index edit so not to try and track down my error haha (probably take too long)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X