Just a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question

If I do some template modifications and if a later version of vb upgrade requires modifying these templates, will I lose the original modification? I had to modify templates to install some hacks.

If thats a yes, then I guess its best to have minimal modification to templates.

TIV
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic

Upgrading will not overwrite custom templates. However some templates will need to be reverted after upgrading. Also you should seriously consider reverting any updated templates to get the full advantage of all bug fixes and improvements.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ooh ok. i understand.

When I revert it back after an upgrade, will i get the latest template or the older version which I modified?
      sigpic

Comment

Also when I click find updated templates, it says all templates are upto date. Does this mean that the modified templates where not updated by vB since I modified them?

TIV
        sigpic

Comment

That does not mean there are no customized templates.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X