Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe mode problems

Hello..
    Well I got hacked yesterday by some maroco hackers, they injected a shell to my server and took control over the server. It doesnt metter right now.
    They hacked using the safe mode off on my website.
    I enabled the safe mode and when I tried to login the admincp I got this error:
    Originally posted by vBulletin Admin Panel @ BBF.co.il
    Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 0/0 is not allowed to access ./../ owned by uid/gid 1211/1212 in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/global.php on line 31

Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/includes/init.php in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/global.php on line 34

Warning: main(/home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/includes/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/global.php on line 34

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/includes/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/global.php on line 34
    How can I fix this problem and stay with safe mode on?

Regards,
    -Nadav_Peretz.
    Last edited by NadavP; Wed 17 Jan '07, 10:23am.
    - NadavP
    Isrart Designing Community

First I recommend you reupload the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting yor current files.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      First I recommend you reupload the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting yor current files.
      Thanks alot Solved
      - NadavP

Comment

Ehh sorry for the double
        but it didn't helped lol
        after about 10 minutes I did it the problem came back.
        any more ideas?
        - NadavP

Comment

You need to enable safe mode in the Admin CP and set the Safe Mode temp Directory to a directory that has been chmod'd to 777. Use the full path to that directory on the server.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled -> Yes
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            You need to enable safe mode in the Admin CP and set the Safe Mode temp Directory to a directory that has been chmod'd to 777. Use the full path to that directory on the server.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled -> Yes
            Nothing, still the same :|
            Warning: main() [function.main]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 1211/1212 is not allowed to access ./global.php owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/index.php on line 24

Warning: main(./global.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Success in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/index.php on line 24

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bestb/domains/bbf.co.il/public_html/admincp/index.php on line 24
            - NadavP

Comment

This means you did not set this up correctly, What exactly did you do?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Try deleting all the files and then reuploading the default files. It seems the owner/permissions aren't set correctly.

If you can't delete all the files, you'll need to contact your host.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                  Try deleting all the files and then reuploading the default files. It seems the owner/permissions aren't set correctly.

If you can't delete all the files, you'll need to contact your host.
                  I'm on a server that I have an admin and a root access to him.
                  It wont effect my forum content when I delete and re-upload?
                  Thanks again
                  - NadavP

Comment

Uploading files will not affect the data in the database. Please provide the answer to post #7.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X