Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calendar: How to allow guests to access event links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar: How to allow guests to access event links?

Hello.

What can I do to allow guests to access event links?

1) I've set the permission so they can 'view calendar' and 'view other's events' for the default calendar, but it still shows they don't have permission. They can see the hyperlinks from 'others' on the main calendar page, they just can't view the contents of that event's link.

2) For testing purposes, I changed the Admin's permission to NOT be able to edit their own events, yet the editor still loads and allows the 'Save'. Why is this?

I'm finally getting to this Calendar feature stuff...

Thanks in advance.

Double check the permissions on the 'usergroup' permissions for the guest, and on the 'calendar permissions' for this usergroup.

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Unregistered

AdminCP > Calendars > Calendar Permissions > Unregistered

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I went to 'Usergroups' in ACP for "Unregistered / Not Logged In" and enabled in Calendar permissions:

1) Can View Calendar
      2) Can View Others' Events

Is there somewhere else I need to enable?

Again, I'm testing how to allow visitors (unregistered) to view Calendar event details without logging in.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I'm using v.3.6.3.
      Last edited by forumfolk; Wed 17 Jan '07, 11:38am. Reason: added vB version

Comment

That should suffice.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Since both you and Floris confirmed my settings were correct, to further troubleshoot the problem, I 'DISABLE_HOOKS' in my config.php file and it worked. Now to find the hook that is causing the hiccup.

Thanks so much.

P.S. The design of the 'Plugins' system is AWSOME! I wished more applications used this process.

Comment

Working...
          X