Moderated forum except for 1 group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated forum except for 1 group

How could i set a group and/or a forum so that the forum was moderator for everyone except for a specific user gropp?
    Vote for these issues:

Just set the appropriate Forum Permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Just set the appropriate Forum Permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions
      I had been there before but was confused.

The "Follow Forum Moderation Rules" option seems to do the opposite of what i what to do.
      Vote for these issues:

Comment

As it states with that option: If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          As it states with that option: If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue.
          So how do i do the opposite, i.e. have one group NOT go to the moderation queue. Do i need to set all other groups to no for that option instead?
          Vote for these issues:

Comment

Yes, set all the groups that you wish to be moderated to have that options set as NO, and the groups that you want to be able to post unmoderated set as YES.
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

To add to this: what if I just want threads to be moderated? If I set it as you suggested all posts will go through the moderation queue and I just want to add a usergroup that is allowed to create threads unmoderated and everyone else must be able to post unmoderated while not being allowed to create threads in that particular forum. I've searched pretty much everywhere for a solution but I must be using the wrong search phrases or something...

Comment

You will need to use a completely different set up.

Do not set any usergroups to have moderated posts. Instead, in the forum permissions, set can post threads to NO for those who you want to just be able to post replies.

Then, in the forum manager > edit forum, set moderate threads to YES.

This will then moderate the threads posted, by the usergroups who have permission to post them, but allow replies to be unmoderated.
                Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

This did exactly what I asked for, though unfortunately because of the fact I forgot one word in my sentence it didn't give me the desired result. Completely my bad...

A bit of experimenting did give me what I needed in the end, though this requires a certain level of trust with the people you grant this to. What I did is keep thread moderation for the forum on, add a moderator to that specific forum and because I didn't really want grant this role any moderation powers except for the unmoderated thread posting I only granted "Can Delete Posts" in the moderator manager as I think that that is less powerful than "Can Edit Posts". With soft deleting you can recover posts, with edited posts you're in more trouble. Unfortunately when you don't grant any options in there threads get moderated so I would love to see an option in vB which you don't grant any specific post/thread permissions but it would allow what I eventually achieved by granting one less dangerous option...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X