Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring Members

Hi VB Team,

If someone uses the "add *member* to my ignore list", can the person that is being ignored know that he has been added to an ignore list?

Also, is there a link to how the buddy list system works please? I can't find my VB manual, sorry. If there is a link to the manual, that would be great.

Thanks

Regards

Reggie

I believe they will only know if they try to send a PM to the user who's ignoring them. They probably get the error msg: Sorry, can't send a PM to user X, this user has you on ignore.

Comment

What are the buddy and ignore lists?
      The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

Comment

Is there a way that you can ignore the person if they have started a thread? Or is it just the posts in a thread?

Thanks in advance!
        ~*Sara*~

Comment

Originally posted by gregsbaby64 View Post
          Is there a way that you can ignore the person if they have started a thread? Or is it just the posts in a thread?

Thanks in advance!
          I was going to post a similar thread than this one.

I need to find a way to users completely ignore the users they added to their ignore list.

Because, when someone add an user as an ignore user, they still can see if they posted in a thread by showing the message:
          This message is hidden because Ignored_Username is on your ignore list. View Post. Remove user from ignore list
          Is there a way to remove that message? that if an ignored user post a message, that postbit doesn't show at all to the other user?

The same happens if that ignored user creates a thread. His/hers thread appears on the topic list, even if that user is ignored.

I would also like to see if is possible to even make that ignored user invisible on the who's online featured.

Comment

Bumping this up to the top. It would be nice to know an answer if there is one.

Thank you!
            ~*Sara*~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X