cannot get email to work in vb3.6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot get email to work in vb3.6.2

i am fairly new to vbulletin and i get the following message whenever i run the email diagnostics.

Warning: Unexpected response when connecting to SMTP server in \includes\class_mail.php on line 581
    im running vb 3.6.2 on a windows2000server box. i have tried to use the built in php email, but that doesnt work either.

i would like to use smtp instead of the php mail service, any ideas on how to get this to work correctly.

Remove the SMTP settings and use the PHP mail settings (default).

vBulletin uses the internal vbmail(); function, which is basically the php's mail(); function, that uses sendmail on the server (php.ini config) to send out mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      Remove the SMTP settings and use the PHP mail settings (default).

vBulletin uses the internal vbmail(); function, which is basically the php's mail(); function, that uses sendmail on the server (php.ini config) to send out mail.
      when i remove all the smtp settings and i run the diagnostics, with and without the -f parameter, i get the following message:

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.
      do i need to change something in the php.ini config file?

ps. where is the mail server's error log located?

Comment

The server's mail logs depend on the server. You should ask your host about this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X