How do Static topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Static topics

Is there a script that will do static topics in vbulletin_3-6-4 ? What is static topics well when you have 3 threads lie:

one
    two
    three

And someone post in three topic the topic goes up to the top of all topics is there a posibilyty that this topic will stay where he is ?
    I am new on this forum i have both the vb in a sec ago can someone direct me to script's forum or some page where i can check what addons are available for my vb. ?

Stick Threads

Comment

Generally, the terminalogy is "sticky thread" as opposed to "static topic." Use feldon23's method to create sticky threads, although there are a few other places that allow you to create them, such as from the ACP and message editor.
      Forums

Comment

Yes thank you for you fast answers have a another question can i set that evry threds that will be created will be sticked ? Or i have to stick all new threds ? And where to download this mod.
        Last edited by DJLy5y; Fri 12 Jan '07, 1:34pm.

Comment

Using inline moderation, you can sticky as many threads as you want. You can also immediately sticky a thread upon posting it.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
            Using inline moderation, you can sticky as many threads as you want. You can also immediately sticky a thread upon posting it.
            Please can you direct me to this mod ?

Comment

Originally posted by DJLy5y View Post
              Yes thank you for you fast answers have a another question can i set that evry threds that will be created will be sticked ? Or i have to stick all new threds ? And where to download this mod.
              Why would you stick all new threads? This makes no sense.

There is no "mod". This is built into vBulletin for about 9 months now.

Comment

where in cp ? o_0

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...eration_thread

Comment

You can experiment with vBulletin by creating a live DEMO using this link:
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

I know you can stick threads. But is there a posibilyty to make all new created threads frozen ? So if someone post in thread that was created like 10 months ago it will not go up top ? The thread will be frozen in a place where it was before posting?

Comment

a) You should post in the appropriate forums for support;

b) vbulletin.org; what you want isn't possible (nor does it make sense)
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                          a) You should post in the appropriate forums for support;

Sorry i have posted in the wrong forum i think moderator will move the threed soon. There was a mod called static topics for phpbb when you had 3 topics:

in some forum and someone posted in topic nr 3 the topic didn't move above 1 and 2 it was in the same plase i was hoping maybe someone done that kind of mod. I need that all topic will be frozen even the new one created.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                            He's actually referring to sorting threads in a particular forum by their "Start Time", a stock vBulletin option since 3.6.0.
                            Last edited by simsim; Fri 12 Jan '07, 2:38pm. Reason: Omitted the suspesion comment since it seems he's a verified customer
                            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

This thread is now moved to the "how do I" forum.

NOTE : The screenshot posted above shows "delete threads" as highlighted, this is inaccurate. You have to select "stick threads".

Explanation of what is what.

STICKY THREADS are selected threads that appear ON TOP of all the other threads. They are to be considered important and despite older or newer threads they will show with a prefix 'Sticky: ' in front of the thread title, and hover above the normal threads. This sticky thread feature has been in version 2. since the start. This is not a modification you have to install.

To make a thread sticky, you can open the thread itself, click on thread tools and select 'make this thread sticky'. The same method can be used to unsticky threads. An alternative method is to go to the list of all the threads, and check the checkbox on the right, it will then highlight the thread, you can select one or more, and you can select up to about 150 or 200 threads at the same time, spread all over the forums. Then go to the footer of the page and from the moderation box select "Stick threads". And press the go button behind it.

THREAD VIEW
                              This is something different, you can select to have old threads show lower or higher. Last or first.

If you have new threads, and threads with replies to them, they will show in the top, below the sticky threads, above the older threads with no new replies. This is the default setting, new threads that have not yet been read will show bolder in text.

Please make really sure what you are looking for. If it is not in the above list explain in more details and proper english what you want. And we can help. If you think what is described is not what you are looking for, and must be a modification then we can't support it. And you are best of asking for help on vbulletin.org

Freezing topics is not possible. You could list them from A-Z for example, making a always above b, and above c, till z. But when a new thread is created it will be inserted in the right stop.

Another way to list threads is on thread starter, users with name A will appear users with name B.

Comment

Working...
                              X