X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Ban IP

Hello everyone

please help me fast
    some on in my forum and make a flood in Registration .. how can i ban his IP

------------------
    bahaa1, bahaa10, bahaa12, bahaa13, bahaa14, bahaa15, bahaa16, bahaa17, bahaa18, bahaa19, bahaa2, bahaa20, bahaa21, bahaa22, bahaa23, bahaa24, bahaa25, bahaa26, bahaa27, bahaa28, bahaa29, bahaa3, bahaa30, bahaa31, bahaa32, bahaa33, bahaa34, bahaa35, bahaa36, bahaa37, bahaa38, bahaa39, bahaa4, bahaa40, bahaa41, bahaa42, bahaa43, bahaa44, bahaa45, bahaa46, bahaa47, bahaa48, bahaa49, bahaa5, bahaa50, bahaa6, bahaa7, bahaa8, bahaa9, ÇáÇÓÏ ÇáÇæá, dawood, dhjthebest, elkordy,
    ------------------------------------------------
    he make more than 50 registration from the Same ip

please help me anyone
    Powered By: vBulletin

Get his IP and ban his range.
    Make love not war, condoms are cheaper than bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrienzNetwork View Post
      Get his IP and ban his range.

please Sir ... tell me steps ...
      one by one ...
      i can get his ip
      but from where i can ban him

Comment

anyone can help me

Comment

In your

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> User Banning Options -> Banned IP Addresses
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

When you ban an IP is the IP specific to that individual user?

I would hate to find out that I have banned an entire domain or company that shares an IP.

What kind of message does the person that is banned via IP get when they visit the site?

Comment

The IP is specific to that one person, unless you ban a range. Say he has 127.0.0.1 and he has a dynamic IP. You would want to do a range of 127.0.0.* or 127.0.*.*

If you go to any of the higher octets, then there is a high probability that you will ban many other people.
              [ http://eternal-realm.net ]

Comment

Originally posted by Gaia View Post
                The IP is specific to that one person, unless you ban a range. Say he has 127.0.0.1 and he has a dynamic IP. You would want to do a range of 127.0.0.* or 127.0.*.*
                Are you sure that using a wildcard in that method will only ban the one user?

Can't there be multiple users in that range?

Comment

There are only certain subnets that a single person can be apart of for an IP.

It's more of a risk that you will ban someone else when working with dynamic IP's, but if you keep it down to the last octet ( 127.0.0.*), then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I'm pretty sure you can ban with 127.0.*.* without any issues to others but i'm not 100% positive.

Comment

Don't use *. Use: 127.0.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah yes, sorry for any confusion, I was just using '*' to show the octets.

Comment

I ended up banning a IP like: 165.206.xxx.xxx

and it affected multiple users (some that I know personally and they don't share an account).

Any idea why?

Comment

and it affected multiple users (some that I know personally and they don't share an account).

Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd View Post

Why is that?
                            presuming the person you want to ban is at 165.206.999.128

try 165.206.999.

Comment

But won't that ban all the users on 165.206.999.128?

I found out that over 5,000 users share: 165.206.999.128.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X