Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts in Thread order

Hi,

Wonder if someone can give me some help / advice. hopefully I can explain myself correctly.

On my forums, I have noticed (against other vb forums) that the latest posts / threads do not show up at the top of each board. Meaning I have various threads which are currently being posted to, which are on the 3rd or 4th page of that board - surely they must go to the top of that board (No wonder I keep missing new posts!). I have got vbadvanced added and a couple of other things.

To give you an idea, have a look at this board in my forum. Look down and the order of the posts are crazy! If you goto the next page(2) there is a hot topic being posted to now - but on page 2!!!

I thought that there was some setting to change in admincp - cannot find anything!
    Please help,
    regards,
    Dave
    ;) Genealogists never die, they just lose their census :p
    www.familyhistory.uk.com - Do you know YOUR families history?

Get your family tree online - Competitive Hosting

Go to the admincp >forums & moderrators > forum manager > default view

maybe it shows from a-z instead of new-old

Comment

What an idiot!! Feel a right d...head

Thought I was going mad - now I know I am! lol

Its a real pain going thro' every board (30+) and setting this - but.....

Thanks Floris
      ;) Genealogists never die, they just lose their census :p
      www.familyhistory.uk.com - Do you know YOUR families history?

Get your family tree online - Competitive Hosting

Comment

I am glad that's what you were looking for. Don't feel ashamed asking questions though. We're here to help.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have any. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Go to the admincp >forums & moderrators > forum manager > default view

maybe it shows from a-z instead of new-old
          In Forums& moderators> forum manager> I see nothing that says default view... in each individual forum I can set the view, but there doesn't seem to be a global setting.

The thing is, this happened all on it's ownsome. No one changed these settings, no hacks, changes or anything else had been done for a couple of months. Why this so suddenly?

I also posted in another thread of a similar theme. I know you don't want double posts, so I will edit the other and refer to this one.
          When in doubt ... Format and Reload!

Comment

That is correct, it is not a global setting, but on a per forum basis.

I do not know why this changed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X