Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction Auto Ban Question

Hi,

I'm setting up my forum to use the Infraction system, but I have a few questions about the Automatic Ban system.

(for the purpose of discussion, lets say that each of my Infraction categories are set to 'Never let points expire')

I have an automatic ban set at 8 points, which lasts for two days. If a user reaches 8 points, I understand they will be banned for the two days. However, after the ban, do their points expire? Or do they stay at 8 points still? I want to set up a gradual ban rate, so 2 days = 8pts, one week = 12pts, two weeks = 16pts, one month ect = 20pts. So I guess my question is once a user comes back from a two day ban at 8 points, will they lose all their points, or will their next ban be at 12 points for a week?

**BUMP**

Sorry for sounding impatient, we're doing a stack of forum maintenance in the next couple of days and I wouldn't mind getting this fixed ASAP

Comment

I don't know but it's easy enough to test. Create a test user, apply the infraction and wait to see what happens. My guess is that the infractions points will be gone, otherwise I would consider this a bug.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

any update on this one?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X