Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Mysql error.

Hi,
    I seem to be getting an awful lot of Mysql errors recently which keep making my site go offline.
    The most recent is:

MySQL Error : Can't find file: './lee246_forum/datastore.frm' (errno: 13)
    Error Number : 1017
    Date : Sunday, January 7th 2007 @ 07:14:25 AM
    Script : http://www.********.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php/meets-and-events-15.html
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 66.249.66.204
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OS Error Code 13: Permission denied
    You do not have permission to write to a directory. Most commonly the temporary files directory. Create a directory in your User Home directory on the server and chmod it 777. If this does not resolve the issue then you must contact your host and have them fix your permissions.

Just wondering as we have seen an increase of this type of errors lately, who is your host?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

In addition to your host please provide the MySQL version you are running. We are trying to determine if this is related to a specific version or host.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi,
        My host is http://www.jazzyhost.com
        The Mysql version is: 4.1.21-standard

In response to the permissions, my site is around 3-4months old and has been fine with regards to permissions. Nothing has been changed as far as I am aware then I suddenly get this error. Could it still be permissions?

I've also just checked my permissions on the home directory, and also for the forums sub-directory and they are set to 777.
        Last edited by lee246; Sun 7 Jan '07, 10:14am.

Comment

Yes, it's a permissions problem with the 'datastore.frm' file itself.

So far two people with this problem have reported they are using MySQL 4.1.21-standard. It's starting to look like a problem with that version.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I cannot understand why it hasn't shown up any sooner then? Not that I understand coding etc but I just thought it would've been obvious long before now if there was a problem?

Also where is the datastore.frm file located? If it is reachable by me I will see if the permissions are fine on that.

Comment

When did you upgrade to MySQL 4.1.21-standard?

All database files can only be accessed if you have root login to this server. If you do, you will need to look for it in the correct location where the MySQL database files are located on your server. This varies from server-to-server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm not sure on when it was upgraded to MySQL 4.1.21-standard.

I emailed my hosts and the problem has now been fixed. How long for is another matter but at least my site is back online.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X