Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators to be able to edit other member's profiles through ModCP

Good morning,
    I want to be able to allow my moderators to edit other members' profiles through the ModCP (NOT Admin CP), such add more rep points, edit titles, etc..

Is there a way I can do that? Because when I entered the modCP using another moderator's password, it allows me to search for members, and view their profile, but wont allow to apply any changes..

Please help.

Moderators cannot edit user profiles. You, or your admin team, should be the people doing so. Moderators and super moderators are to moderate the board. If you think your moderators need to do that, then maybe it is time to consider promoting them to basic level administrators.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I am not convinced with such thing. I just need the moderators to be able to edit the profiles, NO MORE. Atleast to edit the reputation numbers and the title. Isn't there a way someone can please show me how to add a button for saving and all this for the "view profile"?

I need this because I locked my admincp because my site had been hacked 3 times (even with the latest upgrades for vBulletin!!!) And ofcourse, I've read all the "vbulletin tips" for security (can't implement the .htaccess because of dynamic IPs for the admins).

So I need help please..

Comment

Originally posted by kvk007 View Post
        I am not convinced with such thing. I just need the moderators to be able to edit the profiles, NO MORE. Atleast to edit the reputation numbers and the title. Isn't there a way someone can please show me how to add a button for saving and all this for the "view profile"?
        As it's been said, vBulletin doesn't offer it. Your best bet would be to head over to vBulletin.org and see if there are any modifications.

Comment

vBulletin does not offer such option. The software is designed so that moderators moderate; and administrators do the administrative tasks. As mentioned, if you feel that your moderators have absolute need for that, then maybe it is time to grant them basic level of administrative access. When you set an user as administrator, you can control the different level of accesses they can have; so you can restrict them to just the users if you don't want them to muck with anything else.

Forum being hacked is usually a problem with third party addons, or poorly configured servers. If you are so very unfortunate per se, and got hacked during the few hours window from when an exploit is discovered, and an update is provided, then that's sheer bad luck. If it is your plugins/server that is causing the problem (or even other scripts used that was exploited), then you shouldn't put the blame on your admins

Just my two cents.
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X